A Little Bit of Peace
April 20, 2024, 08:44:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The World In All Its Glory

They say we are born free
But that just wasn't true for me
I swear that life was already planned, that it was fate
For things I wanted as a small child were hidden behind a gate...

Opportunities of life are many for a few
But for me, the gate grew stronger and higher as I grew
I attempted to climb beside the gate, but down I fell
And then I was caught by the sea and carried off in the swell...

I have done about all one could do without money or fame
I have learned to play the game
Will anyone remember me when I am gone
Will they ever hear my stories and my sad song....

When my spirit is free
Is that when I will be all I can be
Will children stop crying in pain and hunger
Will the world become peace-loving and as one in number...

I have seen the world in all its glory in my mind
I know what needs to be done and it doesn't take money, it takes acts so kind
To put all others ahead of self
To take all greed and hate and put it asied on a huge high shelf...

Ah what the world would be
If we were truly born free
Free to discover and to understand
The only way to freedom is to take each other's hand.....

Home   Forum   Help Search Arcade Gallery Links Whispering Winds Staff List Login Register  

A New Year In The Making!!!

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Year In The Making!!!  (Read 116 times)
Plenty
Eagle Eyes

Peace To All!!!

« on: December 26, 2012, 04:17:30 am »

I sit here thinking what if....

Haven't we all at one time or another said next year or this year will be different... well, what would you change if you could??

Of course if I could life would be better, I could get my hubby that 71 that he wants so bad... I would get myself a good laptop and table top computer and pay for my one forum to go online for all to see... if money was plenty I would buy that house with the yard and indoor pool and grand workshop and garage hubby all dreams about but those are my dreams something only money can buy and outside of winning a lottery take time to achieve...

So, for myself I know that a couple of thousand dollars would set me up and over the last two years it has been a struggle to get to where I am, it meant losing weight, changing my lifestyle, changing hubbies lifestyle... but now I see that for a lot of people the struggle is with knowing how to manage what we have...

When we get bad news about health we freak out... I can't afford it, I don't have time to deal with it are some of the thoughts that go through our mind!!!

Being on a limited income makes it hard but not impossible.... we got most of our health problems from eating the wrong things, wrong diet but we can't see the change being easy but once I started it was really easy.... I just had to make my mind up and the amazing thing was food was not that hard to change... chips and pop were the first to go apples and oranges and juice replaced them till one no longer needs them or has them only on special occassions go figure that bag of chips is now a treat not a filler....

It took me four months to lose 50 pounds and another year to see it stay off, I haven't wavered in my task... I still enjoy chocolate but everything chocolate I make myself...sweets are never going to be out of my life but I know how to control them not them control me lol...mmmmm

Now, you say what has this got to do with a new year in the making.... well, it is time to begin to save... to stretch outside of the box... by next fall we will have that 71 truck hubby wants or something like it, I will have the full size freezer and my pool to exercise in by mid summer...  No sense waiting for that ticket to be a winner just get to saving a little each month... so this is my pledge for the new year  and anyone else can add their pledge here too and then we will check in from time to time and see where we are....

Happy Lifestyle Changes Coming your way starting today!!
Report Spam   Logged

You won't know you can fly, till you spread your wings and try!!!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: